In this episode of GMO Watch Podcast, my guest, Dr. Kevin Folta is sharing the importance of understanding what is a reliable source when it comes to claims surrounding GMOs and actionable steps you can take right now to educate yourself by finding trustworthy sources to base your opinions off of. Some of the talking points Dr. Kevin Folta and I go over in this episode include:
- Where you can find reliable and trustworthy sources for information on GMOs.
- Breaking down the biggest claims against GMOs; how vague claims relate to hysteria.
- Do GMOs cause cancer? The hype and research behind this claim.
- The repercussions that false claims against GMOs have on the world and societies that rely heavily on genetically modified crops.
- Dr. Kevin Folta’s own experience with anti-GMO activists.
- Touching again on food labels and how this might affect buyers’ choices.
More than ever we can’t trust so much of what we read online and it’s just become fairly normal to not believe stuff and the majority with common sense just aren’t the loudest. So be sure to tune in to all the episodes to discuss tons of questions around GMOs and to hear even more about the points outlined above.
Thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
CONNECT WITH EMILY JOURNEY:
CONNECT WITH DR. KEVIN FOLTA:
Talking Biotech Podcast
Illumination 2.0 Blog
Science Facts and Fallacies Podcast