In this episode of GMO Watch Podcast, The Steministas are sharing the importance of understanding both sides of the GMO controversy and actionable steps you can take right now to educate yourself on GMOs role in the food industry and the impact they have on our environment. Some of the talking points myself and The Steministas go over in this episode include:
- What are GMOs really and how do they differ from selective breeding techniques?
- GMOs have more to do than just food production. Taking a look inside altering insects to get rid of diseases.
- Behind the controversy of GMOs and the emotion set behind these issues.
- FDA regulations and the future of labeling products.
- Taking a look at some of the benefits GMOs can offer not only in food production but on environmental impact.
So much is focused on the concerns with GMOs but it’s also good to look at some of the pros as well. Once we clarify some of the issues, it will be exciting to see where we can go with food with this in the future. So be sure to tune in to all the episodes to receive tons of practical tips on what GMOs really are and to hear even more about the points outlined above.
Thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
CONNECT WITH EMILY JOURNEY:
CONNECT WITH THE STEMINISTAS: