In this episode of GMO Watch Podcast, Dr. Fred Gould is sharing the importance of GMOs being much more than just how we can alter the food we eat and what scientists are doing now to change the future of potential disease and overall health. Some of the talking points Dr. Fred Gould and I go over in this episode include:
- The controversy behind genetic engineering in general but more specifically engineering insects for our benefit.
- Releasing engineered insects into the wild- how do they do it, how do they track it, and how soon do we see an impact?
- The problems and concerns outside of controversy that scientists face when engineering insects; the consequences of our actions while looking at the consequences of our inaction.
- Global trade introducing new insects to unfamiliar countries.
- Would it even be possible to live in a world that is 100% organic? Touching on food labels, food regulations, and how they all came to be.
We’ll start seeing new labels on products, people will make their own decisions, and it will become clear whether people care if there are genetically engineered ingredients in the foods they buy. So be sure to tune in to all the episodes to receive tons of information on genetically modified food, plants, and even insects and to hear even more about the points outlined above.
Thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag me! And don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
CONNECT WITH EMILY JOURNEY:
CONNECT WITH DR. FRED GOULD:
The Genetic Engineering and Society Center